Job Title – Canadian Charolais Association General Manager
Job Summary – The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of beef cattle in both aspects of the purebred and commercial operations. The CCA is looking for a self-motivated individual possessing managerial experience focusing on organizational and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day office operations, prioritizing duties as well as attending Charolais functions throughout the country. This candidate will be an outgoing positive individual with a keen vision of the breeds destination. Wage will be based on experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Oversee Office Staff
• Attend Charolais industry events throughout the Country
• Keep up to date with the memberships
• Attend industry meetings and trade conferences
• Oversee committees and assist where needed
• Communicate with other associations (ie American International Charolais Association)
• Travel when required
• Maintain reputable manner on and off the clock
• Oversee Budget decisions
Qualifications & Skills:
• Must reside within reasonable distance or willing to commute to the office on a daily basis. Office is located in Calgary, AB.
• Post Secondary Education with a focus on Agriculture being an asset
• Managerial Experience
• Organizational Skills
• Computer Skills
• Self Motivated
• Knowledge about Purebred and Commercial cattle industry
• Maintain Positive Energy
• Knowledge of beef cattle and the cattle industry
• Outgoing Personality
• Bilingual in both English and French would be an asset
This full-time position will commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2019 and quote GENERAL MANAGER APPLICATION in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.